The issue of finding the right person with whom to build a relationship with has and is still the topic of the century.
As the days go by, more persons file for divorces only to find themselves lonely once again.
In the journey of those whose relationship has failed and those whose has succeeded, I have tried to comprehend what wasn’t looked at carefully and It dawned on me that the key to a couple’s success in a relationship is the burning desire to invest.
Just as you take your time to go through the various stages of education, securing a job, learning a foreign language or raising a child, it is also of no difference to a couple in building their marriage.
It requires in no small measure a great deal of effort to build it along with constant attention and interest for your partner.
Here is what to look for in the following categories.
Both of you need to search for something that binds you both in the beginning, what are those common grounds related to life from where you can build on.
Pay attention to features like the similar level of education between you both, the same career aspirations, and you both choice of geographical location, each other desires for the long-term relationship or building of a family.
The same applies to the expectations from a lifestyle, religious values or sexual compatibility.
The next thing to do is be on the watch out for any vices that could severe the new found bond that is being built. Relationship deal breakers like abuse, immaturity, 3rd party intervention, infidelity, care for appearance and self and self-worth insecurities.
These behaviors are capable of soiling the potentially blissful experience you could have with your partner.
Once you and your partner have been able to stay clear any of those relationship deal-breakers, the third stage is that you pay close attention to building your partnership to a stronger level.
How do you do that?
- Build the confidence you have for each other, as you treat yourselves with respect and trust.
- Support each other’s project to further foster the attitude of sharing and also for each other further personal growth.
- Ensure that quality time is spent together in participating in common hobbies or discovering new adventures
- Practice the act of being positive and patient in your dealings with one another, doing all in good faith and intention.
- Increase your level of being in the present with your partner (mindfulness) and always adopt the two-way means of talking to yourselves.
As the relationship progresses down the line, always remember to take the marriage to that peak level of love by:
- Making sure you always stay in touch with your plan for outings and intimate moments where you can have experiences that could create fond memories.
- Not getting lost in roles (parent, child relationships) that make you lose touch with having intimate moments with yourselves.
The hard fact is generic advice only serve as the guide to ensuring you and your partner finds what works for your relationship.